Surf Science: An Introduction To Waves For Surfing
An Introduction to Waves for Surfing.
- Have you ever wondered where waves come from?
- what makes every one different?
- why some peel nicely and others just close out?
- why, some days, waves come in sets of six, and others in sets of three?
- And what factors affect the behaviour of a surfing break?
If you have, then this is the book for you. Now in its second edition, Surf Science is the first book to talk in depth about the science of waves from a surfer's point of view. It fills the gap between surfing books and waves textbooks and will help you learn how to predict surf. You don't need a scientific background to read it-just curiosity and a fascination for waves.
"One of the most sophisticated surfing books ever produced... a must for any surfer."
- Surfer's Journal